User Experience Designer / Aflac
Over 50 Million people worldwide have chosen Aflac because of our commitment to providing customers with the confidence that comes from knowing they have assistance in being prepared for whatever life may bring.
- Responsible for delivering the vision, experience and creative strategy for digital property projects; builds strong relationships with segment managers, product managers, development, and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance Aflac’s digital experiences and products and meet the business goals.
- Responsible for leading the development of creative and innovative solutions that successfully translates business objectives into innovative and best in class customer centric solutions.
- Delivers product roadmaps, relevant research, user experience strategy and final creative from concept development, wireframes, and design to final execution.
- Responsible for developing and communicating industry-leading creative concepts while balancing strategic development with online business objectives.
- Create wireframes, comps, storyboards, experience prototypes, graphic concepts and final deliverables.
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables.
- Acts as a liaison between business units, project management office, software quality assurance, and IT by opening and maintaining lines of communication between those entities and our interactive and creative partners; manages business unit expectations of initiatives and projects; ensures the success of projects by coordinating system and process enhancements and communicating them to the business units or other affected departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, Human Computer Interaction, or Graphic Design or a related field and three years of progressively more responsible work experience in digital marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years’ experience working with Web-based applications and design.
- Two years’ experience with HTML prototypes, specifications, and style guidelines.
- Human Factors International Certified Usability Analyst desgination (preferred).
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs as well as strong writing abilities.
- Advanced proficiency with experience design tools.
- Understand W3C standards as well as browser-specific bugs and variations, in IE, Mozilla and Safari.
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for commercial websites.
- Knowledge of how design impacts engineering and vice versa, with ability to construct dynamic interactive designs that are technically feasible.
- Knowledge of the marketing communications concepts, practices, and processes.
- Knowledge of Information Architecture.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Web architecture: Intermediate.
- Adobe Photoshop and photo imaging: Intermediate.
- Detailed knowledge of Web architecture.
- Broad knowledge of Aflac products/services and systems (preferred).