User Experience Design Lead
House Party, Inc. (north of NYC in Irvington, NY)
Full-time on-site job
Do you love making people happy and giving them delightful online experiences? We’re looking for a User Experience Design Lead to conceptualize, design, and deliver a top-notch experience for users of our consumer site, corporate site, and upcoming mobile app. We’re a small, growing company where UX is highly valued and you’d have a big impact.
As the lead, we will rely on you to:
• Work independently to research new business and user requirements, analyze UX issues, map out experiences, develop information architecture, design elegant page layouts and delightful interactions, and perform usability testing
• Manage and mentor the visual designer
• Creatively direct the work of the visual designer, and play a key role in the visual design of new features
• Create flow diagrams, functional requirements, use cases, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, and PowerPoint presentations
• Work closely with the development team to assess feasibility, come up with optimal solutions, and ensure quality throughout development, launch, and iterations
• Present ideas to stakeholders and clients
• Advise on content strategy and nomenclature
• Guide the mobile optimization of our site
• Spearhead the creation of our first mobile app
• Keep up with design, tech, and social media news, finding ideas, techniques, and services to improve our website and our business
We’re looking for someone who entered UXD after working in visual design for websites. Experience with mobile site and app design is highly preferred.
• 2-4 years of experience in developing websites as an interaction or experience designer (or information architect)
• Demonstrated experience using web analytics and usability testing to inform design decisions
• Proficient with Omnigraffle (or Visio), Photoshop, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Conscientious and self-motivated, with a positive, can-do attitude
• Passion for usability and user-centered design, and ability to convey those concepts and best practices to stakeholders and clients
• Ability to solve design problems
• Ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple projects
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Great with Axure RP or other prototyping tool
• Experience with content strategy and/or writing
• Some experience managing others
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
House Party is the leading social media company that combines digital, word-of-mouth and experiential marketing to build brands and drive sales. We generate millions of consumer conversations and recommendations, online and off, through our passionate community of social influencers, proprietary digital platform, and memorable in-home events for the world’s best-loved brands.
Our site provides hosts with an invitation tool, party favors and tips, and places to post photos, videos, conversations, and comments.
We enjoy a fun and friendly environment filled with talented, hard-working teammates – and a great view of the Hudson and adjacent park. Generous benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), stock options, pre-tax commuter benefits, thousands of ebooks, User Interface Engineering webinars, and online training from Lynda.com, Insperity, and ThinkVitamin. Opportunities to attend conferences and to be published on the blog. No travel required.
How to Apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Send examples of your design accomplishments and why you want to join the House Party team.
How to apply