Under direction from the Creative Director of Web Communications, the Usability Analyst will work collaboratively with a team of UX, UI, content and development professionals to architect and enhance a continuously evolving network of web applications, websites and systems representative of the Weill Cornell Medicine tri-partite mission of patient care, education, and research.
• Stays relevant to emerging trends in subject areas related to contemporary web design and UX strategies. Visits forums, online resources and attends relevant training conferences to increase knowledge base for sharing with team members.
• Works collaboratively with Senior UX Designer to develop new strategies and toolsets for the implementation of modern UX best practices into all production sets
• Actively participates in team discussions on architecture, concepts and process to help advance the shared web vision for all clients and services.
• Efficiently and effectively acts on critique and direction from Creative Director.
• Maintains project schedules through timely fulfillment of milestones and tracking of work progress through online reporting mechanisms.
• Creates audience profiles/personas and user flows, builds usability test plans, facilitates usability tests and provides analysis on usability tests.
• Gathers necessary requirements and/or reviews existing requirements & analytics for a user interface and/or information architecture.
• Creates audience-tailored, intuitive information architectures via sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes that are based on research, analysis and industry best standards.
• Communicates detailed written and verbal explanations to project team members and/or clients following analysis for efficient execution on recommendations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with Axure, Balsamic or a relevant prototyping software
• Demonstrates experience crafting website and application interfaces with a heavy focus on UX; demonstrated ability to adapt to different design styles and adhere to a brand
• Proven interaction-design methodologies, including documenting user flows, creating information architectures and wireframes, and presenting recommendations to clients and team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree (BFA or BS preferred) with course work focused on usability, UX, web design, user interface methodology, design theory and the creative process. 2-4 years professional experience with an exceptional portfolio may be substituted for this requirement.
• Clear comprehension of UX and UI design fundamentals (i.e. ability to execute a design concept, take creative direction, modify and evolve a design based on feedback, etc.)
• Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite CC and above (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator).
• Strong understanding of general modern web design principles in regard to typography, color, architecture, responsive designs, mobile first strategy, etc.
• Experience in architecting web UI for Content Management System (CMS) integration into websites.
• A digital portfolio is required.
• Experience with mobile device interaction design and optimizing web platforms to take advantage of mobile device integration.
Highly Desired Requirements
• Experience in designing and coding web pages (including HTML and CSS) that are cross-platform and cross-browser compatible.
• Experience architecting websites for the Drupal 7 Content Management System
Skill and Abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work with designers, developers, management teams and clients.
• Familiarity and engagement with tools, trends, standards, and theories within the contemporary user interface and user experience culture and industry.
• Active involvement and familiarity with the global web development community.
• Exceptional organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task, stay organized and self-prioritize work.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
No additional working conditions/physical demands provided.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information and to apply, visit https://cornellu.taleo.net/careersection/2000/jobdetail.ftl?job=32250
Weill Cornell Medicine is committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. The doctors and scientists of Weill Cornell Medicine—faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and Weill Cornell Physician Organization—are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Weill Cornell Medicine faculty provide comprehensive patient care at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital and New York-Presbyterian/Queens. Weill Cornell Medicine is also affiliated with Houston Methodist.