Arsenal, an independent digital agency in Santa Monica, California, is looking for experienced and ambitious UX/UI designers to join our small, dynamic team in either full-time or contract positions. We’re a full-service design and development shop, with specialties in UX/UI design, MVPs, and product prototypes. We work with a wide range of clients, from Silicon Valley heavyweights to groundbreaking new start-ups. We also develop our own projects.
We deliver top-notch design and code, but we also care deeply about work-life balance and professional fulfillment. We usually work from the office, but we care more about what you do than where you do it. We’ve chosen to maximize creative and lifestyle freedom rather than free lunches and ping pong tables. As part of our UX/UI team, you’ll work on a range of challenging projects, enjoy significant autonomy and responsibility, and be in a position to grow with our company.
Roles and responsibilities
We’re looking for UX/UI designers to work with our co-founder and UX/UI lead on ongoing projects for a wide range of clients, from large tech companies to new start-ups. This work will involve parsing complex requirements, conducting/managing user research, articulating use cases and user flows, producing wireframes at multiple project stages, and delivering high-resolution mock-ups. The ideal candidate will be able to either manage or execute design at every level, from high-level product concepts to fully detailed interfaces. The work may also involve opportunities for visual/graphic design and branding work.
We’re expecting the right candidate to be able to get up to speed quickly and take ownership of projects, interacting with clients directly to collect requirements and feedback and explain and defend design decisions where appropriate.
We’re hiring for multiple design positions, both full-time and contract. Our hope is to find designers based in Los Angeles, but we’ll accommodate other circumstances for the right candidate.
- Experience leading the conceptualization and design of sophisticated data-driven applications for the web and iOS/Android
- Experience creating and managing the creation of UX deliverables—user research, wireframes, flows, etc.
- Experience creating and managing the creation of UI deliverables—high fidelity mocks, specs, etc.
- Experience working directly with engineering teams and product managers on product decisions
- Experience in creation, management, and delivery of assets
- Experience managing small teams and timelines
- Deep knowledge of latest iOS and Android design patterns and best practices
- Deep knowledge of latest dominant web application design patterns
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to work on a small, dynamic team
- Proficiency with relevant Adobe CS/CC software and other design tools (OmniGraffle, e.g.)
<h3Additional qualifications we’re interested in
- Some front-end development skills (HTML/CSS/JS) and knowledge of latest front end/UI libraries (Bootstrap, JQuery, JQuery Mobile, etc.)
- Graphic design, illustration, and logo design
Compensation and perks
- Competitive compensation package including health and dental coverage
15 vacation days to start and negotiable time off policy
- Profit-sharing participation
Arsenal is a small, entrepreneurial design and development agency based in Santa Monica, California. We’re veterans of companies like Google, Disney, and GOOD Magazine. We help startups and established businesses alike build mobile apps, data-driven websites, and other digital products. We also make our own stuff.