UX / UI Designer
Who you are: Do you cringe at poorly designed software and websites? Do you pride yourself on composing beautiful interfaces that can transform a complex problem into a simplistic user experience? Well, you just might have a home at Spiceworks! We’re on the hunt for a UX/UI Designer who can serve up pixel perfect mockups and work with product managers to concept new, awesome ideas.
Who we are: Spiceworks’ innovative model combines a network management app with an online social network of over 5 million IT pros. They rely on Spiceworks to carry out their day-to-day responsibilities and connect with each other to exchange tips and IT advice… and have a great time! Best way to sum up Spiceworks: We’re sort of like LinkedIn meets Facebook for IT pros. Curious what our designers are up to? Check out their work on Dribbble.
What you’ll do: As a killer UX/UI Designer you are responsible for crafting a user experience that’s visually compelling and sublimely simplistic. We’re looking for someone with true design skills who can appreciate the details in light of a broader artistic vision. You’ll be working in a creative environment with other designers and developers. You’ll also wear the shoes of the end user, designing an interaction that captures their attention and delivers a seamless flow. Oh, and you’ll have a blast every pixel of the way!
Responsibilities: What exactly will I do?
- Concept new app ideas and workflows based on strategic product goals
- Create UX flows that transform complex problems into easy steps
- Produce pixel-perfect mockups that developers can use to style finished products
- Push the visual style forward toward a modern aesthetic
- Work with developers on the implementation of your designs
- Talk with users, get to know them, and get feedback on your work
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Qualifications: What does it take to do this job?
- 3+ years experience in application design
- Strong online portfolio that exhibits expertise in visual design, UX/UI, and application work
- High level of skill with design software (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail and have good craftsmanship
- Passion for designing products with simple, intuitive experiences
- Comfort in designing for multiple platforms
- Agility. You can think on your feet and adapt well to a quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to pitch your ideas confidently
- Keen ability to consider and incorporate feedback
*Online portfolio required in order to be considered