UX/UI Creative Designer-Web
Coleadium, Inc. is seeking a talented Interactive UX/UI Creative Designer to join the development team of a new product or rather small internal startup we’re building out. This development team is focused on the rapid development of new websites and the work is rewarding, challenging, and fast paced. The ability to work within a team environment, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions on your own and through collaboration with peers to achieve business goals is a must.
This designer will approach all projects with a focus on communication hierarchy using layout, color, typography, proportion, iconography, photography, motion / rich media and brand. The designer will also communicate and escalate opportunities, issues or risks as appropriate while utilizing industry best practices and design standards to define and implement design criteria, guidelines, and specs that effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. The designer must use initiative, creativity, collaboration, and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition and show pride of ownership for a range of project types.
What you need for this position:
- A portfolio of previous designs, wireframes, and user process flows
- Strong User Experience skills. Must have 2+ years of on-line web design
- Experience with Innovative UI design for Web Applications
- Exceptionally strong Graphic Design skills
- Team player – entrepreneurial spirit
- Design the User Experience for a variety of projects within the company.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Present designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs.
- Be responsive and flexible to feedback from developers and product owners.
- Produce well-structured, layered mockups to be handed off to front-end web developers.
- Design stand-alone graphics for complete products, online advertising, email campaigns, multi-frame banner ads, and other web-related content.
- Offer feedback and suggestions to enhance existing and new projects.
- Initiate and participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the product through every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to the design standards and promoting user-centered design throughout the organization. Develop guidelines, standards, user-centered design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the user-centered product development lifecycle.
Technical Skill Level:
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field a plus but not required.
- 4+ years of experience working in interaction design, UI design, and/or usability.
- Extensive portfolio of completed design work.
- Experience with Google Analytics reporting is a plus.
Professional Skill Level:
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, analytical team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be strong contributor, with the ability to write software independently
- Must possess the strong problem solving skills needed within a new product development setting
- Must possess ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal as in we all have a chance to be brilliant and we all have a chance to rinse out our own coffee mugs. We prefer working with folks who will do both on a regular basis. Opportunity as in you can make your voice heard. You can learn. You can teach. And the most amazing things happen when you do all three. Most companies put the equal opportunity blurb in fine print at the bottom of an ad because of the law. We boldly state it at the top because we wouldn’t be who we are without a belief in the infinite potential of our employees. In addition to providing opportunity, we provide some pretty tangible compensation for your brains and brawn; Competitive salaries, great benefits including health insurance, not to mention the very casual yet dynamic work environment, flexible work schedules, high-profile projects, cutting-edge technologies, hilarious coworkers, and a chance to work with people who are just as smart and passionate as you are.