UX/UI Creative Designer - Web
About the Job
Beckett Media LLC is seeking a talented Interactive UX/UI Creative Designer to join our development team. This position is based out of our Dallas office, which has a terrific work environment and a casual atmosphere. This position offers excellent benefits including the potential to earn bonuses, paid vacation, medical/dental insurance, and a 401K plan.
This development team is focused on the rapid development of new websites and the work is rewarding, challenging, and fast paced. The ability to work within a team environment, a strong commitment to quality, and the ability to create engaging, usable, and effective visual design solutions on your own and through collaboration with peers to achieve business goals is a must.
This designer will approach all projects with a focus on communication hierarchy using layout, color, typography, proportion, iconography, photography, motion / rich media and brand. The designer will also communicate and escalate opportunities, issues or risks as appropriate while utilizing industry best practices and design standards to define and implement design criteria, guidelines, and specs that effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. The designer must use initiative, creativity, collaboration, and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition and show pride of ownership for a range of project types.
What you need for this position:
- A portfolio of previous designs, wireframes, and user process flows
- Strong User Experience skills. Must have 2+ years of on-line web design
- Experience with Innovative UI design for Web Applications
- Exceptionally strong Graphic Design skills
- Team player – entrepreneurial spirit
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative suite with an emphasis on Photoshop or Fireworks
The ideal candidate will:
- Design the User Experience for a variety of projects within the company.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Present designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs.
- Be responsive and flexible to feedback from developers and product owners.
- Produce well-structured, layered mockups to be handed off to front-end web developers.
- Design stand-alone graphics for online advertising, email campaigns, multi-frame banner ads, and other web-related content.
- Offer feedback and suggestions to enhance existing and new projects.
- Participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the product through every stage of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to the design standards and promoting user-centered design throughout the organization. Develop guidelines, standards, user-centered design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the user-centered product development lifecycle.
Requirements for this position include:
- BA/BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field a plus but not required.
- 4+ years of experience working in interaction design, UI design, and/or usability.
- Extensive portfolio of completed design work.
- Flash experience is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics reporting is a plus.
How to apply
Send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to