UX / Project Manager
Our new UX / Project Manager will be a UX rockstar, who has the natural ability to balance both the nitty gritty details and big picture. The ideal candidate is someone who goes beyond scheduling and tasking, and is able to think both creatively and tactically. Ideally, someone who can develop and manage a creative project plan, while cheerfully accommodating inevitable changes along the way.
As we all know, the web / technology landscape is constantly changing. As such, everyone on the Technology team must absolutely be comfortable thinking independently, forming their own ideas, and opinions. If you’re waiting to have the answer handed to you, this is not the job for you.
You will help us build a custom products and processes to support the birth, growth, and execution of an idea. You’ll develop thoughtful schedules, based on a deep and nuanced understanding of the project, the audience, and stakeholders with an understanding that ideas need the flexibility to breathe, grow, and evolve. You’ll ultimately deliver on that idea so that it ships on time, on budget, it is well conceived, well executed and properly supported.
You’ll nurture one idea after another: proactively leading several projects at a time, calmly prioritizing and solving problems with the team, on a consistent and reliable basis.
This position requires a critical eye for design, and user experience, and the ability to communicate options and opinions to stakeholders. Successful candidates will also be able to critique finished designs and their implementation into HTML / JS as a site comes to life, and push back on developers as needed to ensure that the level of quality we present to customers is excellent. Additionally, when custom creative assets are needed, candidate should be able to write and communicate a design brief to designers.
What to Expect
- Understand the fundamental business strategy and stakeholder needs
- Work closely with VP of Technology, CEO, internal teams and all departments
- Assess project scope, resources needed and time allocation, and aid in recommending and implementing best workflow practice
- Ensure projects are appropriately resourced, on brief, on budget, and on schedule while communicating openly with all stakeholders
- Facilitate internal reviews of projects and coordinate next steps
- Support the early development of an idea through rapid prototyping as necessary
- Post development, create training materials and conduct stakeholder training
- 5+ years of experience managing web development projects
- Experience collaborating with a team of designers, front and back end developers
- Fantastic communication, presentation and project management skills
- A working knowledge of HTML / CSS / CMS and a strong understanding of programming
- An eye for quality design. Design experience not required, but highly regarded.
- Experience working with Wordpress, JIRA, wireframing tools and git a plus