John McNeil Studio is a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our team in Berkeley, CA. We want someone who is adept at telling stories through visual design and illustration, borderline obsessive about the details, passionate about learning new systems, and can bring a thoughtful, creative approach to synthesizing business and user goals.
You’ll create compelling, intuitive experiences for high-profile projects including mobile, mobile web, tablet applications and desktop web components—and provide the keen UX insight and team collaboration that turns great ideas into even greater creative.
- Translate complex ideas into elegant, intuitive brand narratives
- Help conduct research and client workshops to understand user needs
- Facilitate project discovery and scoping workshops
- Conduct in-depth user research and competitive analysis
- Create process flows, site maps, wireframes, and key UX documentation
- Communicate ideas, best practices and guiding principles for creating world-class user experiences
- Push innovation both functionally and technologically
- Understanding of rapid prototyping techniques
- Passion for innovation and technology with a solid understanding of digital tools and trends
- 2+ years in User Experience or Information Architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX design for iOS, Android, Mobile Web
- Ability to write clean, precise and detailed client-facing documents and presentations
- Craving for a fast-moving agency environment
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams, collaborating with developers, visual designers, filmmakers and producers
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical project members
- Ability to document user interface design standards and guidelines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and set expectations to manage multiple projects at same time