Electronic Arts is seeking a UX Designer to drive the design of Pogo Adventures, a new EA studio in Austin focused on developing games for the mobile/tablet casual games market. This position is responsible for the leading the design of information architecture, interaction flow, and UI design for the Mobile service and consulting on the user experience for casual games.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in working directly with producers, visual designers and engineers to translate high level requirements into designs that deliver compelling user experiences. This person should have the ability to articulate the rationale behind their design from both a user-centered focus and business perspective.
Your portfolio should demonstrate:
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills illustrating an iterative design process
- Case studies highlighting user centered design research and its impact on design solutions
- Examples of wireframes, low and high fidelity prototypes and information architecture mapping
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with a growing global UX team
- Employ user-centered design practices to create world-class interactive experiences.
- Develop detailed wireframes, flowcharts, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements.
- Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Observe usability testing and focus groups to validate interaction design and product direction
- Champion User Experience Design team initiatives, such as creation of design guidelines, process enhancements, toolkits, etc., fostering a user-centered culture
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated proficiency and experience in the field of software user experience / interaction design.
- 3+ years relevant experience in user experience design for social or entertainment websites
- Proficiency in user experience design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Curious, creative problem solver that challenges the status quo
- Experience working on large-scale sites, with significant amounts of content and interactive complexity
- A self-starter; capable of operating with minimal management oversight against tight deadlines
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm to drive results
About All Play
As EA’s first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA All Play creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA All Play delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA All Play portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including original EA and partner franchises like The Simpsons, Tetris, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, World Series of Poker, Real Racing, Ultima, as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted at this time.