As the vanguard of the consumerization of enterprise, creating a great user experience is critical to Yammer’s continued growth and success. And Yammer isn’t just a website; it’s accessed via the desktop as well as many other strategic platforms (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, SharePoint, and others in development).
Yammer is a data-driven company, and we believe in a testing-based, iterative approach to product development. We want to build great products that our users will love; if they don’t then we’ll head back to the drawing board.
We’re looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about using data analysis to help guide product design and development, but understand that it is not a substitute for creativity and good product sense.
The ideal candidate is a versatile designer who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and is passionate about designing robust, yet intuitive web applications and products.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Collaborate with other team members to identify new products, features or experiences that satisfy user needs, business objectives and technology opportunities.
- Utilize sketches, wireframes, or mockups to design and prototype concepts and ideas.
- Enjoys rapid testing, paper prototypes, or interactive mockups to continually improve the usability of our products.
This is an exciting opportunity to craft interactive experiences that provide value to millions of users.
- Work as part of the Product team to translate business goals into interactive solutions.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to design and build new features.
- Conceptualize projects from description to detailed specifications.
- Create content organizations and information architectures.
- Create sketches, wireframes and mockups to design and prototype interactive applications.
- Define and document functional requirements.
- Understand and utilize ongoing site measurement and analytics.
- Synthesize and translate research into actionable insights, concepts and solutions.
- Never forget to advocate for the End User.
Even better if you can:
- Create personas, scenarios, storyboards or back of napkin sketches to communicate user behaviors, motivations and goals.
- Model user behavior and interactions through process diagrams, task flows or interaction diagrams.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite to produce final visual designs.
- 2-5 years experience planning user interactions and experience designs. The role can be adapted as appropriate for your level of experience.
- Experience working with cross functional teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Experience working as a lead in user experience projects.
- Passion for solving problems and communicating solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interested in innovative experiences and new media.
- Strong team and collaboration skills.
- Consideration of visual design as part of the user experience.
How to apply