UX Designer, Senior
Ellucian (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Jul 17, 2014
- Working on cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and deliver a cohesive user experience through innovative and interactive visual design support.
- Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces and interaction models that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency.
- Production of aspirational mock-ups, functional wireframes, screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements (iconography, gestures, behaviours, transitions, animations) and final asset production.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to communicate design strategy and rationale.
- Collaborate with fellow UXD team members to develop UI common components and design patterns for next generation software applications.
- Demonstrate User Centered Design (UCD) Techniques and ability to implement the company branding strategy.
- Participate and engage in design reviews and critiques.
- Provide input for product documentation related to styling, theming and branding.
- Provide input and help conduct usability and software testing. Additional Notes: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 8+ years of experience in designing complex enterprise level desktop and/or mobile applications.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Web or other Design related concentration from an accredited educational institution.
- Track record for developing and delivering successful, intuitive and compelling designs that contribute toward market leadership. Must have strong online portfolio and examples of work.
- Deep understanding of user centered design processes and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, information architecture, usability evaluation and using UX design tools within the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Solid understanding of interactive web technologies (HTML, CSS, Mobile, Tablet) and industry trends and experience designing applications leveraging these trends.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written; able to engender trust and respect of peers and stakeholders.
- Capable of juggling a number of priorities and delivering results in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility Standards.
- Global application design experience.
- Experience with Native Mobile Application and Responsive Website Design.
How to apply