UX Design Lead
The UX Designer’s job makes the complex simple and knows the details behind the façade. As the UX Design lead, you will lead a team of designers to create intuitive and delightful experiences that stem from understanding the user’s needs. We are looking for someone who loves to identify problems and invent solutions for the user. At Raise, great ideas become great products, services, and customer experiences at a rapid pace.
You will be responsible for the user experience and user interface of a variety of web-based responsive apps and websites. The UX Designer will work closely with designers and developers to create usable, intuitive, and elegant experiences. The role requires the ability to lead a team to create better, more forward-thinking features for Raise and our digital products.
Online portfolio required to apply.
- Own user experience design from concept to tactics
- Create detailed wireframes and interactive diagrams to help designers & engineers build out specs for features
- Hands-on development of wireframes and user interaction diagrams for designers and engineers
- Lead and collaborate with co-workers to concept interactions across mediums: web, mobile, and email
- Lead multiple projects concurrently
- Present at weekly team meetings
- Experience with e-commerce or user-acquisition
- Exceptional wireframing skills using Sketch, InvisionApp or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of user experience design, information architecture, interaction design, and website development methodology
- Ability to distill key issues from usability tests and implement practical solutions
- Flexibility and agility to iterate or change design direction based on external feedback
- Ability and desire to output clear communicative documentation for use in development, including technical specifications
- An innate understanding of human-computer interaction and user flow
- Passion for design and great user experience
- Works well both in a collaborative team environment and independently
- A life-long learner with a continuous eye for improving craft
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to help designers and developers achieve quality features
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Company-sponsored tech talks and conferences
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Convenient office location
Raise is an online marketplace where consumers can buy discounted gift cards and sell their the gift cards they don’t want for cash. We are a fast-paced company taking over the secondary gift card industry, and this a rare ground-floor opportunity to show what you’ve got.
Problem solvers and multi-talented designers thrive at Raise. Every member of the product team comes from a different background and each has a specialty. But we’re also asked to rise to a variety of creative challenges both within and outside of our product. Our design team is close-knit—we have fun together and push each other to be better. We share our knowledge while we learn from others.
What You Could Be Working On
The Web Experience
Our website is the perfect marriage between form and function. As an interactive designer, you will work on our fully responsive, resolution independent, global website of its caliber. It represents where web design is headed and where our customers are headed as well. We are presented with the challenge of maintaining consistency across multiple browsers, devices and resolutions. Our team is mindful of these evolutions, and we continue to think progressively as the web changes.
Raise Multi Device
Our product team continually expands and improves how people buy, sell, and manage their gift cards on their phones and tablets to deliver a big experience on even the smallest screen.
Expanding Our Reach
We think Raise is pretty easy to love. Who doesn’t love discounted money? Our designers channel this enthusiasm into marketing and branding pieces (for web, mobile, and email) that tell the Raise story in ways that are just as clean, compelling, and dynamic as the product itself.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? Email with “UX Design Lead” as the subject line, along with your cover letter, résumé, and a link to your case studies.