UI/UX Web Developer – Front End
What we need:
Grindr is seeking a front end Web Developer to work with the creative and technical teams to deliver a variety of products to web, Facebook and mobile platforms. The right professional will have extensive experience in building dynamic websites from conception to production and strong design aesthetics. Most importantly, the Web Developer should be passionate about constantly adapting to new technology tools and methods. Grindr is a relatively new company; as such we need someone who is willing wear many hats as needed, needs little supervision, able to interact with a variety of people and personality types.
Based in Los Angeles, California, Grindr is a two year old start-up dedicated to finding new ways for people to connect. Our mobile phone application uses creative technology to help users make new friends and reconnect with old ones. Grindr is a location-based mobile network that determines your exact location and instantly connects you with nearby friends. This location-based service is available for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry devices. It’s fast, fun, and easy to use – offering profiles, photos, and stats at a touch. And unlike other social networks, Grindr is mobile and works based on your location. Currently, Grindr services the gay community but is expanding into the general public with a mainstream version, Project Amicus (projectamicus.com), due to launch in summer 2011.
What the selected candidate will do:
• Update and maintain Grindr’s website, blogs and Facebook pages to perform at ultimate functionality and offering the best user experience while reengineer for new company websites
• Collaborate with team leads to implement new websites and Facebook pages from concept to production
• Design site maps, code frontend, integrate backend, oversee quality assurance and effective documentation of all aspects
• Create wireframes, page schematic and/or screen blueprint
• Integrate the graphic assets into a site structure and validate all elements resolve properly
Our expectations for the right candidate:
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Prior experience with websites content management and/or social networks
• Passion for learning new programming languages and innovative ways of getting things done effectively and efficiently
• Prior experience in conceptualizing, architecting and implementing websites
• Full understanding of UI/UX and what it takes to drive business through design
• Strong knowledge base of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
• Good knowledge with SVN (subversion source control) and cross-browser compatibility
• Good knowledge of database query tools and SQL
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers
• Strong knowledge of publishing tools like WordPress or ExpressionEngine
• Strong knowledge of open source content management systems like Drupal or Concrete5
• Mobile UI design and programming a big plus
Direct candidates only – no agency or 3rd party inquiries please.