UI/UX Web Designer
UI/UX Web Designer
Under direction from the Art Director and the Associate Director of Web Communications, the UI/UX Web Designer will work collaboratively with a team of UX, UI, and development professionals to design, develop, and enhance a continuously evolving network of websites and web applications. Efforts will include the design and improvement of web properties encompassing the Weill Cornell Medical College tri-part mission of patient care, education and research targeted at both the general public and medical professionals. Combined, the online assets support one of the most prestigious academic medical colleges in the country. We are dedicated to great user-centered design, technical innovation, and a progressive work culture that values respect, integrity, and professional development.
· Creates sitemaps, wireframes, visual mockups, and design prototypes to assist in recommending design solutions.
· Communicates detailed notes and specifications to development team members for efficient progression from design concept through execution.
· Designs visually attractive and highly usable web interfaces.
· Provides input to the group on design and technical issues, concepts, and mockups to help advance the shared web vision for all clients and services.
· Stays relevant to emerging trends in subject areas related to contemporary web design. Attends relevant training conferences and forums to increase knowledge base.
· Undertakes critique and direction, takes part in relevant discussions and team client meetings.
· Maintains project schedules through timely fulfillment of design milestones and tracking of work progress through online reporting mechanisms.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree (BFA preferred) with course work focused on website design, user interface methodology, design theory and the creative process. 2-4 years professional experience with an exceptional portfolio may be substituted for this requirement.
· A digital portfolio is required.
· Clear comprehension of UX and UI design fundamentals (i.e. ability to execute a design concept, take art direction, modify and evolve a design based on feedback, etc.)
· Experience in designing web architectures for Content Management System (CMS) integration into websites.
· Proven interaction-design methodologies, including documenting user flows, creating information architectures and wireframes, and presenting design ideas to a clients and team members.
· Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite CS5 and above (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator).
Highly Desired Requirements
· Experience designing websites for the Drupal 7 Content Management System
· Experience with mobile device interaction design and optimizing web platforms to take advantage of mobile device integration.
· Experience in designing and coding pages (including HTML and CSS) that are cross-platform and cross-browser compatible.
Skill and Abilities
· Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work with designers, developers, management teams and clients.
· Ability to multi-task and self-prioritize work.
· Familiarity and engagement with tools, trends, standards, and theories within the contemporary user interface and user experience culture and industry.
· Active involvement and familiarity with the global web development community.
· Familiarity and engagement with tools, trends, standards, and theories within the contemporary UI culture and industry.
· Strong understanding of modern web design principles in regard to typography, color, architecture, responsive designs, mobile first strategy, etc.
· Demonstrates experience designing web site and application interfaces including strong visual-design skills and user experience; demonstrated ability to adapt to different design styles and
adhere to a brand; extensive practical experience and strong skills in graphic design and with overall website development.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Excellent benefits package (includes tuition reimbursement).
Interested and qualified applicants should email an updated resume and digital portfolio to email@example.com
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell’s triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College’s educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow’s leaders in the field of medicine.
How to apply
Email Us Here: