UI/UX / Product Manager
Have you always wanted to own your own business?
Do you shine in a screaming fast paced environment?
Are you an incredible designer ready to take on more?
Maybe WePostSocial is the right place for you.
We’re looking for a UI/UX/Designer who can take on full ownership of our three properties: CityBlast.com, MyEventVoice.com and MortgageMingler.com.
The work you do will directly impact the success of the business. You will not be a cog in the wheel. You’ll be learning and growing every day and you will be given an opportunity to grow into an integral part of the management team.
In addition to being profitable already, a recent investment from Loeb Enterprises means we’re well capitalized and poised for explosive growth in 2014.
Responsibilities: What exactly will I do?
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to define and maintain WePostSocial’s digital products, from desktop to mobile and beyond.
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate and validate design vision and user interaction specs.
- Drive the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns, and libraries.
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes.
- Identify and continuously track appropriate metrics for measuring and gauging success of UX; prepare usability test reports to evaluate ongoing performance and inform optimization efforts.
- Dictate hierarchy, consumer journey and navigation through high-quality information architecture.
- Provide a clear, consistent voice on end-to-end user experience design to project teams and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Develop conceptual use cases, user flows, diagrams and working prototypes by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Lead projects across platforms and work with colleagues in other departments to ensure seamless integration.
- Manage the entire design lifecycle from inception to production launch
Qualifications & Skills: What does it take to do this job?
- 4+ years of experience in web design, with a strong emphasis on user experience and usability.
- BA or BS with a design-related focus (Graphic Design, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, etc) preferred.
- Proven track record of creative design and strategy that anticipate market trends, meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals (both short- and long-term).
- Strong portfolio reflecting successful user-centered design practices in product development.
- Expert in the principles and practices of user centered design, responsive design and Information Architecture across both wired and mobile platforms.
- Ability to articulate the reasons for success or failure of past design.
- Fluent in the design process and the creation/use of storyboards, UI flows, wireframes, personas and functional prototypes to effectively brainstorm, communicate and validate design vision, leading to the creation of a compelling User Experience.
- Demonstrable experience with complex interactions, capable of “connecting the dots” in complex user scenarios
- Expert knowledge of landing page design and conversion funnels
- Exposure to landing page conversion tools like VisualWebsitePro and CrazyEgg
- Expert knowledge of email marketing templates and HTML for email delivery
- Experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial venture highly valued; must be a true self-starter with a propensity for execution.
- A highly organized individual, with close attention to detail.
- Comfortable with an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.
- Familiarity with web analytics and related user research tools such as Google Analytics, Usertesting.com, Litmus.com, BrowerStack.com, etc.
We have a very tight-knit culture that values openness, constant communication, and a sense of humor. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Up to $120,000/year
- 4 weeks paid vacation