Bright.com launched in March and quickly became the leading social job site on the web, now hosting more than 2 million jobs. How did you find most of your jobs? Probably through connections. We’ve brought that concept online. We’re venture backed, with a strong team of successful people.
We are seeking a UI/UX Designer to advance our website’s functionality. The ideal candidate should have experience designing consumer-facing web user interfaces, and must have a love for pushing UX down to the pixel level. Here are a few examples of great UI/UX Design that we’re looking to beat with ours: http://airbnb.com, http://billguard.com, http://hunch.com, http://gogobot.com, http://homeaway.com
• Create simple, elegant user interfaces for bright.com
• Help revamp bright.com to make it a much simpler user flow/design
• Collaborate with front- and back-end developers to ensure best practices are in use
• Collaborate closely with team members across departments to create new features and interfaces
• Develop programmable mock-ups that cover all possible user states
• Work directly with the Art Director in creating the visual design parameters
• At least 2 years designing consumer-facing web user interfaces or equivalent
• Ability to create coherent and consistent user interfaces across a large website with dozens of web applications
• Deep understanding of CSS and best practices
• Some experience hand-coding front-end applications
• Some knowledge of the Document Object Model and how it affects design
• PHP experience
• Experience creating Social API’s (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Experience creating and developing mobile sites and applications for Android, iPhone and Blackberry Devices.
Life at Bright:
• Casual dress code
• Fast-paced start-up environment
• Free parking or public transport reimbursements
• Complimentary lunches, beverages and snacks
• Regular company outings
• Competitive benefits, salaries, and equity in the company
• We work in small teams, which we believe promotes spontaneity, creativity, and speed
• We thrive on cross-functional collaboration and encourage all team members to participate in driving product decisions
• Anyone at Bright might have our next great idea, so we make sure everyone is heard
To Apply: http://www.bright.com/jobs/job/332?ref=smash
Submit completed application materials (resume, cover letter, portfolio)
Please include work samples, especially demonstrating a project across different phases of the design process (sketches, wire frames, design revisions, etc.)
This is an onsite position in our San Francisco Office.
This is not an entry level position.
Bright is proud to be an EOE/M/F/D/V