New York Media
About New York Media:
New York Media is the parent company of the ground-breaking weekly New York magazine, founded in 1968. The website nymag.com, an up-to-the-minute news and service site for New Yorkers, includes: GrubStreet.com, Vulture, and the twice-yearly New York Weddings magazine. New York magazine chronicles news and social trends, explores the city’s cultural happenings and serves as a navigational tool for all aspects of city life. Nymag.com attracts more than 5 million monthly unique visitors, making it one of the most visited online destinations focused on New York City.
Are you passionate about design, user experience and front-end technology? Want to work with award-winning entertainment, fashion and local content enjoyed by millions of people? With a top-of-the-line 27" iMac? New York Media is seeking a UI Engineer to join our elite UX Development team – the front-end masters of NYMag.com, Vulture, and Grub Street. This position is full-time and based at our SoHo office in New York, NY.
• Work with Designers and Software Engineers to create and build next generation products;
• Write code that pushes the limits of modern browsers while degrading gracefully for the older ones*;
• Identify and address performance bottlenecks;
• Champion best practices for front-end development.
*Except for IE6. We no longer support that hunk of junk.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, JSP, etc.) and related frameworks;
• Extreme attention to detail, driving for pixel perfection;
• Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components;
• Committed to great user experience.
• Prior experience with agile product development;
• Relevant experience includes self-started personal projects;
• Love what you do.
Local candidates only. Please send your salary requirements, CV and cover letter to:
Please put “UI Engineer” in the subject line.
No Calls, Please.