Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Are you creative with a passion for innovation? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process.
It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, free coffee and sodas, free tickets to events all over the area and medical benefits that start on your first day – and that’s just the beginning. Come and join our Quality Assurance Team as a UI Designer.
You will add value by:
- Assist in developing branding and UI standards for Ellucian applications
- Create wireframes, storyboards, design comps and prototypes to explore future product directions with software development teams
- Create graphic elements (images, icons, layouts, etc.) for Ellucian applications
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and fellow Designers to determine the optimum user interface design, workflow, and functionality of software products
- Conduct design reviews with User Experience Design team and software development teams for input and modifications.
- Assist development teams with input on user interface design based on user centered design techniques and accessibility requirements.
- Create styles and markup to implement design within the software application and test the software across various browsers and browser versions.
- Five or more years of experience in web design, development and user interface design.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in graphic design or related area.
- High Proficiency using industry-standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver.
- In-depth technical knowledge of HTML, CSS and XSLT design implementation.
- Solid understanding of user interface design principles, conceptual design, and information architecture.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate both strong design and technical implementation skills and will be asked to provide a portfolio with examples of their work.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, especially within a product development organization is preferred
This position is based in Fairfax, VA. Remote status will be considered.
Ellucian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Ellucian promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.