Box is looking for an innovative User Interface Designer that will improve the creative and user-friendly interfaces that make our product so successful. The UI Designer should transform highly complex concepts into simple, approachable applications that are easy to use and visually balanced. He/she will need to apply superior visual design craftsmanship, design stunning icons and anticipate user needs. A designer could work on products like iOs, Android, Windows 8, Web Applications, Mac OS and much more.
- Design eye-catching icons with pixel perfection (Think Apple)
- Incorporate the Box aesthetic in all designs, consistently and efficiently
- Deliver detailed, expertly executed assets and sprites, anticipating HTML/CSS issues that may arise
- Wireframe, prototype, test and recommend improvements to externally-focussed apps
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that the workflow and features reflects user needs
- Work with product managers to develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, specifications, user flows and other design documents
- Authorization to work in the United States
- An amazing portfolio that can be viewed online
- Academic background (BA) in graphic design, human-computer interaction, interaction design, or related field.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design principles, and web standards.
- Ability to rapidly execute hi-fidelity mockups with a strong attention to pixel-level detail and craftsmanship.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
We have over 10 million users, serve 92% of the Fortune 500, and have more than 6500 developers building apps on our APIs. Box is on iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone, and integrates with partner such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. We’re privately held and have raised over $287 million from top tier VCs, including Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partnaers, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners. Additionally, we were recently named 18th on Forbes’ list of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies, ranked 2nd Best Place to Work within Mid-Sized Bay Area Companies by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and 4th on the San Francisco Business Times’ list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.