UI Designer - Mobile
Box is looking for an innovative designer that will improve the interfaces of our iOS, Android, Blackberry and mobile web applications. The Mobile UI Designer should be able to transform highly complex concepts, including existing web and desktop applications, into simple, approachable mobile applications that are easy to use and visually balanced, across any device. He/she will need to apply superior visual design craftsmanship, design stunning icons and anticipate user needs.
- Apply user experience and design principles in the execution of high-fidelity mockups and interaction flows
- Design eye-catching icons with pixel perfection (Think Apple)
- Incorporate the Box aesthetic in all designs, consistently and efficiently
- Create brand-centric compositions that fellow Box Designers can easily pick up, modify and reproduce
- Deliver detailed, expertly executed assets and sprites, anticipating XHTML/CSS issues that may arise
- Quickly adapt to dynamic timelines and variable requirements
- An amazing portfolio that can be viewed online. Any applicant without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Previous mobile application design experience
- Academic background (BA) in graphic design, human-computer interaction, interaction design, or related field.
- 1-3 years of professional work experience.
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design principles, and web standards.
- Ability to rapidly execute hi-fidelity mockups with a strong attention to pixel-level detail and craftsmanship.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Box (www.box.com), is about simple, secure sharing. We’re leading the way for individuals, small businesses, and enterprises to share, collaborate, and store content online. Box currently has more than 7 million users and over 100 thousand businesses clients (including 82% of the Fortune 500), serves over 1 million files every day, and has over 5,000 developers using its APIs. Additionally, we were recently named 18th on Forbes’ list of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies, ranked 2nd Best Place to Work within Mid-Sized Bay Area Companies by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and 4th on the San Francisco Business Times’ list of Fastest Growing Private Companies.
In October, we raised $81 million in additional funding to help enterprises worldwide move information and collaboration to the cloud, and have built a powerful ecosystem of next-generation enterprise applications. We’re still privately held and key investors include Andreessen-Horowitz, Emergence Capital, Meritech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, US Venture Partners, and Scale Venture Partners. The new investment brings Box’s total capital raised to $162 million.
How to apply
Apply online here: https://www.box.com/about-us/careers/open-positions/?jvi=odOhWfwY,Job