UI Designer - Games
Mediatonic is an award winning independent games developer based in Soho, London. We’re passionate about creating original games that bring millions of people together.
We work across a range of different digital platforms, building connected experiences for partners such as Adultswim, Disney, Nickelodeon, Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Nintendo, EA, Pixar, Universal and Warner Brothers.
In addition to this, we design and publish our own games such as “Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess” and “Whos That Flying?!”.
As a company, Mediatonic is committed to remaining on the cutting edge of digital gaming. We have multiple games in development which span a huge range of platforms – each with their own UI challanges! You’ll be responsible for creating beautiful, user friendly experiences and ensuring that our high standards are maintained throughout all of our games.
Combining a deep understanding of HCI, and usability with a top-tier Graphic Design talent; this role is key in ensuring our players enjoy an intuitive, engaging experience whenever they play a Mediatonic game.
Our developers span work in small, nimble teams turning out super-high quality, creative projects. You’ll frequently be working across multiple projects at the same time, polishing the UI to perfection.
- Design original and beautiful user-interfaces
- Develop visual style guides for others in the graphics team to apply to large games
- Guide other graphic designers (internally and externally) and quality assure their work
- Map user journeys for new social and mobile gaming experiences
- Wireframe and visualise UI concepts
- Contribute to concepts and pitches
- Troubleshoot live products and design enhancements to reduce friction for users
- Represent the company at key client meetings and demonstrate concepts and business cases for superb UI design
- Work with technical delivery teams to solve technical & logical issues on UI design
- Visualise concepts to demonstrate ideas
- Lead workshops, research and testing sessions with stakeholders
- Contribute to the further development our UX process
- Degree level or equivalent in Graphic Design, UI Design, UX, HCI, Multimedia or similar field
- 2 years minimum commercial experience in User Interface Design, either in Web or Gaming fields
- Experience managing others and dealing directly with clients/partners
- Advanced skills in design software such as Photoshop, Flash & Illustrator
- A passion for excellence in interface design and usability
- A deep knowledge of best practices in HCI design
Working at Mediatonic
Designing and building Super Awesome games is our mission. We hire experts in every field related to games and like to take on the biggest challenges and projects we can get our hands on.
Our working environment and culture is hugely important to us at Mediatonic. Our office is based in the heart of central London, we have a relaxed, open working environment with a games room and fully stocked fridge.
We run a number of social events and activities during and outside of work time including:
- Monthly Game Jams: Teams come together and attempt to make a game in 3 hours with the help of lots of pizza and beer.
- Game nights: Board game nights where we try new weird and wonderful board games
- Work outings: Weekly pub trips after work in Soho. Sometimes we even go to Nandos.
- Company lunches: Regular lunch outings on the company in restaurants across London.
How to apply
Think about how you can make your application stand out from the rest – demonstrate your skills! We would love to see some examples of your interface design.
Successful applications will usually receive a short written questionnaire before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic with several members of our team.