Younique is a rapidly growing Cosmetics Company seeking a highly skilled user interface and interactive designer and developer.
This person will be responsible for managing the visual design and front-end layer of our graphically-rich corporate website, e-commerce, and back end management interfaces. You should have a strong emphasis on designing for the user experience and possess the ability to see that experience fulfilled all the way from initial conception to code implementation.
Our current platform is built in PHP, using the Cake framework, JQuery, SASS, Node.js, and responsive web design patterns.
You would be working side-by-side with our back-end software developers and our marketing team to ensure a consistent brand experience is realized on the Web.
You should have a strong portfolio that showcases both your design and coding abilities.
Required Skill Level
Upper-Mid Level to Senior
EducationBachelors or equivalent in experience
Desired Skillset & Experience
HTML – expert
CSS – expert
SASS, LESS, or other equivalent CSS meta languages
- JQuery – moderate to expert
- Experience with prototyping through various methods, such as wire-framing, visual comps, or prototyping.
- Adobe Creative Suite – expert
- Visual design fundamentals – expert
- Responsive web design techniques – moderate to expert
- Experience working with design and marketing teams. Basic understanding of brand identity protocols and adhering to branding style guides.
- Previous work experience in the cosmetics or fashion industry would be a big plus.
Younique is a thriving and fast-growing cosmetics company operating within a direct sales business model. A brother & sister team founded the company with over a decade of experience in the technical service industry, direct sales, and retail consumer goods. We have built our entire software platform from the ground up, with heavy emphasis placed on usability, user experience, and stability from day one. As our company grows, so does our need for qualified and passionate individuals who love what they do. If you look forward to building amazing interactive user experiences, and truly look forward to designing and coding every day, then we want to work with you!