Are you passionate about great web design, compelling user experiences, and sports? Are you obsessed with crafting pixel-perfect designs and beautiful CSS and markup? Are you a sports fan who would love the opportunity to work with a tight-knit team building the next generation of online sports applications? If you answered yes then we have an assignment for you.
Sports Technologies builds fantasy sports applications for some of the leading brands in sports media. We are a small team of smart developers and designers working to create the best experiences for sports fans to engage in online competition oriented around their favorite sports. Founded in 2006, we have expanded our portfolio of clients every year, while maintaining our fun, fast-paced environment and small-team dynamics.
We are growing and seek to add another Web designer/front end developer. This is a key position that will be involved in determining the look and feel, as well as the overall user experience, of our applications. We are a small, tight-knit team of developers and engineers creating solutions using innovative web application technology.
- Develop and implement user interfaces, under the direction of the Design Director.
- Work closely with developers and designers to turn concepts into finished applications and update existing products.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in web design or front end development. Experience in information architecture a plus.
- Solid grasp of current HTML and CSS standards and practices, including HTML5 and CSS3. Familiarity with frameworks such as SASS, Compass, Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Solid conceptual understanding of how web applications function, including a grasp of relevant technologies, such as database-driven web apps.
- Candidates without formal work experience but with exceptional skills will be considered.
- BA or BS preferred.
- Ability to turn a Photoshop design into a finished web page with clean CSS and XHTML.
- Familiarity with basic design and layout principles such color, composition, and typography.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to multitask between projects.
- Ability to understand a brand or design direction and maintain its integrity throughout a project.
- Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work with both technical and business staff.
- Highly disciplined and organized.
- Interested in high tech, especially cutting edge web design/development and related concepts.