UI Design and Development and SharePoint Development/Branding
nfoReliance is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer and Developer to work with clients and project teams to design and develop compelling and intuitive user experiences. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple client projects as well as internal systems.
As a member of our UI/UX team, which is a functional, cross market team reporting into our Art Director, you will have responsibility for discovering, analyzing, and documenting user interface requirements for multiple development projects. This is a long-term position with a huge opportunity to build experience.
Your base office will be our headquarters in Fairfax, with the expectation of the ability to travel locally to different client sites within the DC metro area for meetings and design sessions as needed, as well as requiring you to work on site at DC area customer sites for longer stretches. The first assignment for this position is planned to be in DC, on customer site.
There is also the opportunity to work from home, but only as project demands allow. If you don’t need to be on customer site or working with a team here on something, we don’t expect you to work from HQ for the sake of it.
This position does require a Secret clearance. Active clearance is preferred, but if you are clearable, we can work with you on the process. U.S. Citizenship is required.
This is a role requiring a broad and deep skill set, including the following:
- User-Interface (UI) Design, including wireframes, task workflows, and light design compositions
- User-Interface (UI) Development, including customer interface development, MS SharePoint Page Layout customizations
- Data Entry Interface Development and Integration (InfoPath)
- Information Architecture (Custom Record Type Design, Document List Customizations)
- Database Design, SQL Development, Database Integration, and Light SQL Server Administration
- SharePoint Administration (Custom Workflow, User Permissions, Site Layout and Design)
- Business Intelligence Report Design and Development (SSRS, Fusion Charts)
- If you have 90% of the above listed skills, we’ll want to talk with you.
The initial assignment is supporting one of our Federal Government customers in DC. We have already made significant progress against their initiatives. Here is what we would need you to do:
- Meet and collaborate with clients and team members to identify and analyze business and user requirements.
- Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction and design solutions.
- Support the development and design of a search and request interface for the public website, including a check out interface for publicly available information. This will entail customizing the SharePoint UI and customizing workflows.
- Business Intelligence solution. There are currently disparate data sources in Access and Excel, and there is a need to centralize these, and to integrate with SharePoint for a dashboard-like reporting portal.
- Transitioning to the website as the primary engine for business ops.
In order to be successful in this role, we expect that qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
- You have strong creative and technical experience and a passion for user-centered design.
- You enjoy taking on new challenges and are willing to learn new methods, practices and technologies.
- 5+ years of UI/UX related design and development experience.
- Development of Federal IT software systems/solutions is a plus
- Deep knowledge and experience with advanced web-based user interface specifications, metaphors, color and information architectures
- Understanding of Human Factors and experience in applying user-centered design methods
- Strong experience in developing storyboards, wireframes, and similar user interface definition and illustration techniques
- Strong experience with SharePoint/MOSS 2007, 2010, 2013 branding & customization (Master pages, templates, CSS)
- Strong experience with various interaction and prototyping design tools such as Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and Microsoft Expression Blend
- Experience leading the development of detailed storyboards based on requirements, use cases, and working with customers
- Experience in working in a software development team in a structured change control process
- Experience with Section 508 accessibility and alternatives to achieve 508 standards
- A strong balance of design skills and technical expertise and an outstanding portfolio
- Experience must be inclusive of:
- Adobe Creative / Design Suite CS6
- Microsoft Technology Stack
- SharePoint/MOSS 2007, 2010, 2013 branding & customization
- Mobile specific solutions with various platforms (iOS, Android, mobile web)
- WPF/Silverlight/XAML/Expression Blend
- MS SQL database design
Finally, your consultative approach and work ethic should be described by the following:
- You have the ability to work independently and manage priorities
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure that your work products support their mission in a way that makes sense for the culture
- You like to make your client look good
- You find solutions, not problems
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you execute brilliantly.
- You have the ability to work with and drive diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission
- You have strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines
- You are a quick study; you have a unique ability to adapt to new environments and to assimilate information quickly.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity and to consider InfoReliance for your career. We look forward to talking with you about this position.
All benefits are effective Day 1 of your employment with InfoReliance.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person that is a part of our organization. We offer exciting, challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
10 Paid Company Holidays Annually
18 days a year of Paid Time Off (PTO) Annually for new employees (accrued)
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
Flexible work arrangements, where possible
Flexible Spending Accounts for Commuter Costs, Medical and Dependent Care
All employees are eligible for our performance-based bonus program recognizing our outstanding contributors.
InfoReliance Corporation is an Information Technology (IT) consulting firm that builds, deploys and manages custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Microsoft Public Sector Services Partner of the Year 2013 & 5 Time Partner Awardee
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner
McAfee Security Innovation Alliance Partner
Founded in 2000, InfoReliance is a thriving, privately-held business that has repeatedly been named as a “fastest growing company” by organizations such as Inc. Magazine, Washington Business Journal, and Washington Technology. Our continued growth offers opportunity for you to succeed and grow in your career.
InfoReliance does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
To view all current InfoReliance employment opportunities, please visit our careers website at http://www.inforeliance.com/careers/index.htm.