New York Media
New York Media, parent to New York magazine, nymag.com, MenuPages.com, grubstreet.com and vulture.com, is far along on its journey from perceived regional magazine to multi-platform national brand, reaching an audience of more than 11 million across print and digital each month. The New York Times recently observed that New York was “…fast becoming a digital enterprise with a magazine attached”. New York Media stands out among magazine peers, with an ever-expanding audience that follows us in print, online, via our growing suite of mobile apps, through email newsletters and social media, and at our award-winning signature events. New York was ASME’s most honored media brand in 2010, and the only publisher to win general excellence both in print and online.
New York Media is seeking a Technical Producer to join the digital production team – the lifeline of NYMag.com, Vulture, Grub Street and MenuPages. This junior to mid-level position will benefit from a self-starter who can call upon a full range of creative and technical skills to solve problems. Additionally, we are looking for candidates who are keen on collaboration, savvy with social applications and have a passion for great content on the web. This position is full-time and is based at our Soho office in New York, NY.
• Rapid development and launch of campaigns, products for Advertising, Business Development and Circulation teams;
• Provide first-response (business and off-hours) feedback and support for Advertising and Editorial teams;
• Work with Photo and Editorial teams supporting daily production tasks and developing new concepts;
• Help the Design team maintain a high-level of visual consistency and quality across all websites;
• Interact with Product Development to incorporate your innovations and vice versa.
• 1-3+ years significant experience working with visual tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc;
• You have read Designing With Web Standards by Jeffery Zeldman;
• Committed to great user experience.
• Relevant experience includes self-started personal projects;
• Love what you do.
Please put “Technical Producer” in the subject line.
No Calls, Please.