Freelancer Art Director m/f
We are a young, but well established startup incubator focused on e-commerce. Our web- and mobile-based projects belong to the biggest and fastest growing ventures in Europe. But that’s not good enough! We want to improve our work, expand and create new, exciting things! Our flagship products is hukd.com the leading deals & bargains portal in UK.
We’re looking near and far for an amazing Art Director to help us create the next big tech news site. You will be responsible in creating the brand and astonishing beautiful webpages, which will be well thought-out, structured, intuitive and a pleasure to use. Prepare to manage the look, feel and attitude that will make this new product unique and special.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of working as a creative in the digital space, preferably with a background in startup environments
- A bachelor’s degree in design or design-related discipline
- Experience in building a brand
- Strong typography skills.
- Strong illustration skills
- A great communicator and collaborator.
- As a team player you should have no problem with receiving feedback (aka constructive criticism) on your work and carrying out adaptions as needed. In reverse you know how to put your feedback on other’s work constructively.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience in UI / UX design
- Copywriter skills
- Knowledge of user-centred interaction design patterns
- Can you speak geek? Familiarity with front-end code and start-up environments will definitely come in handy
While you’re here you’ll be:
- Working together with the founders to build the brand of a new & amazing tech news site which stands out
- Take care of layouts, interactions, design and overall branding
How to apply
Applications without a portfolio will be automatically discarded. We expect the portfolio either to be available online or attached to the mail, as PDF.