Support Engineer @ Atlassian, makers of JIRA & Confluence
Do you have the Atlassian Support gene?
- Passionate about providing legendary service that makes customers ask for you by name?
- Love solving complex technical problems that make others cringe?
- Live to improve processes?
- Hate to see the same problem twice?
- Willing to walk over hot coals to see products improved, bugs fixed and great
documentation/knowledge base articles written?
If you have 2-3 years of support experience in an enterprise support environment, and the customer is always your greatest passion and you love troubleshooting in a Java/J2EE environment, apply now!
This is your opportunity to join an awesome software company that has over 17,000 customers in 138 countries. We’ll let you wear what your want to work, let you choose your operating system, keep you going with food and drinks and give you a games room to relax in.
And we’re not just concerned about ourselves. Through the Atlassian Foundation we also want to look after the society and environment around us. We give 1% of company revenues to charity, allow employees to take 5 days paid volunteer leave per year and we match employee donations to their favorite charities.
To handle rapid growth, we are looking to hire a support engineer to join our San Francisco support team.
As a support engineer you will be focused on providing legendary support for Atlassian products used by thousands of customers worldwide.
Working in our awesome San Francisco office, you will be responsible for identifying, troubleshooting and resolving customer reported issues relating to Atlassian products.
This role will involve daily interaction with customers, support engineers and developers to provide solutions for our customers.
This role requires the ability to identify root causes for reported customer issues with Atlassian products and provide appropriate solutions to minimize customer down time and customer business impact.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical for managing customer expectation and providing a delightful support experience for each one of our customers.
Note: This position includes some weekend shifts. On average engineers are staffed for one weekend shift per month and weekend shifts can be done remotely. Engineers receive additional compensation for weekend shifts.
- Communicate via web-based applications and phone to resolve customer issues
- Improve the knowledge base and documentation of products to help customers
- Help improve and streamline internal processes
- Verify bugs raised against products
- Create and publish Knowledgebase articles
- Triage incoming support issues in a timely manner and ensure that they are handled
- Ability to work rotating weekend shifts
You’re a good fit if…
- You demonstrate the ability to provide world class customer service and put the customer’s
- You are able to communicate with local and global teams via verbal and written communication
- You demonstrate the ability to gather relevant information and diagnose issues effectively and
- You are able to solve problems and learn new technologies
- You have solid Operating Systems knowledge (UNIX ie. Linux, OSX, Solaris etc., or Windows)
- You have Java/J2EE environment troubleshooting experience
- You have experience with 1 or more Application Servers, specifically Linux Operating Systems
knowledge (ie. Tomcat, JBoss etc.)
- You have database and SQL experience
- 2 years programming or Java/J2EE troubleshooting history
- 2 years in customer service role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
So why do our Support engineers think Atlassian is f*?@ing awesome?
Hands down, we have the best customers in the industry!
We have the backs of thousands of system administrators from all sizes of companies. From small startups to big names like NASA, eBay, Electronic Arts and the United Nations, we’re here to keep them running. Our customers love our products and love our legendary support!
Atlassian Plays, as a Team.
We work with the best and brightest in development, product management, QA and documentation to provide product feedback and influence the direction of our products. Our voices are heard and our advice heeded.
There’s never a dull moment.
It’s more than just a job.
As an Atlassian, you’re encouraged to participate in FedEx Days to create fun, cool stuff like Hercules and our Support Tools Plugin, use Foundation Leave to support the charity of your choice, and be completely awesome at everything you do. Our kick-ass Values and the vibrant, open culture at Atlassian make that an easy task. Check out this blog post and view this video to learn why Atlassian Support is different than your typical support career.
How to apply
Please apply online via our website: