Superhuman UX Designer
“People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are.” – Steve Jobs, Apple
At Identified, our goal is to redefine what it means to have a professional identity. Think of it as a way to communicate what you have to offer to the professional world, succinctly and comprehensively. It’s a lofty goal and even we aren’t sure exactly how we’re going to get there, but we like our chances.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to obsess over the product. You’ll need a creative, organized mind and a go-getter attitude for toppling industry giants.
• Designing simple, intuitive solutions to complex UX problems.
• Understanding how new features and product changes fit into the big picture and adjusting the user experience accordingly.
• Researching other websites for best practices and experience cases.
• Creating detailed user flows and wireframes out of high-level concepts.
• Turning said wireframes into production-ready designs for implementation.
• Adaptable: you must be comfortable with a moving target. We employ a highly iterative design process, which often involves multiple rounds of brainstorming and revisions.
• Detail-oriented: you recognize edge cases and other hidden “gotchas” and account for them while conceptualizing features.
• Open-minded: try as we might, we don’t always know exactly what to do next. Occasionally, you’ll need to fashion multiple solutions to the same problem so they can be tested out in the wild.
• Objective: you are not personally attached to your own ideas.
• A proponent of form following function: although we value aesthetic beauty, looks come second to function. First, ensure what you have serves its purpose; then, make it beautiful.
• Adept at creating order out of chaos: if there’s one thing we have an abundance of, it’s ideas. You’ll be charged with corralling these thoughts and giving them structure so they can be evaluated and acted upon.
• Visual design chops: we’re not all left-brain driven here. We like pretty pictures, too.
Identified is early-stage but well-funded, so you can expect a competitive salary, benefits, and a good chunk of equity. We’re also easy to get to in San Francisco: there’s a parking lot across the street, and we’re just a 10 minute walk from the Muni, Bart, and Caltrain.
We can also provide endless conversation about movies, music, and comic books. Major props if you can outdo any of our resident experts on those fronts.
How to apply
Email resumés to