Sr. Web Designer
A CAREER WITH THE MMOG INNOVATOR AND DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER OF LEADING FREE-TO-PLAY ONLINE GAMES.
We are Nexon America Inc., the North American publishing arm of Nexon Group (1994), a pioneer of interactive entertainment software and the world’s leader in massive multiplayer online games which it developed and introduced in 1996.
Nexon America opened for business in Los Angeles in 2005 to bring the best of online entertainment to North American audiences. The company’s growing library of titles includes the world-famous franchise MapleStory, the role playing fantasy life of Mabinogi and the online multiplayer first-person shooter Combat Arms.
The Senior Web Designer will design and maintain our existing sites according to pre-established specification, maintaining quality control and a consistent overall look and feel. He/She must be familiar with user-interface and information architecture principles and how to design web sites with complex information or functionality. Mastery of image optimization techniques and tools through knowledge of web design constraints, including download times, browser differences, and web-safe palettes. This person must have the ability to perform image editing and web optimization as well as create any necessary electronic files to provide to our marketing partners.
• Plan and design website(s), and abide by style guidelines and style guide documents
• Design and implement creative designs and graphics using HTML and CSS
• Experience optimizing images for web user interface and creating HTML/CSS that matches a original design layout and understanding how mockups translate to code
• Produce a consistent visual image across web sites
• Create dynamic and scalable interactive Flash applications
• Contribute to enhancing skills / design ideas / quality control
• Provide updated status report weekly, and comprehensive quarterly reports to the management with forecast and analysis of any technical issues, costs, needs, etc.
• BA/BFA degree or advanced degree in Graphic Design or related field from an accredited program
• Minimum 5 years of related experience
• Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign and HTML/CSS
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
• Prior experience with major online or integrated web agency
• Ability to create, edit and release print-ready files for marketing collateral and advertising materials
• Ability to work at a fast pace and within deadlines
• Highly self-motivated, self-managed, and self-directed; ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an integral team member.
• Experience in the online/console gaming industry is a plus
• Willingness to work additional hours and travel when needed
Nexon America is committed to offering competitive benefits and perks including but not limited to healthcare coverage, paid holidays, year-end break, matching 401K program, Feed-Me-Tuesdays & Fridays, flexible paid time off, company-paid team outings, subsidized onsite gym membership, subsidized language courses, massage chairs, free Starbucks coffee, tea, soda fountain, discounted vending snack machines, and much more!
Nexon America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
How to apply
**Link to online portfolio required for consideration**
Qualified candidates please apply in our career page: http://www.nexon.net/careers