Sr. Web Designer & Developer--UI
Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy, active life since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management and personal care products are available exclusively through dedicated independent Distributors in more than 80 countries. Our Mission is to change people’s lives by providing the best business opportunity in direct selling and the best nutrition and weight-management products in the world.
Position summary statement
We’re looking for a Sr. Web Designer/Developer to work on our web and mobile entities that reach users around the world. In this role, you’ll formulate concepts and work with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to bring these websites or features to production. With strong attention to detail and a savvy knowledge of web standards, trends and usability, you’ll help us improve Herbalife’s online presence.
- Support and design new interfaces/experiences in cohesion with other Herbalife web entities.
- Must be able to follow Herbalife’s brand guidelines, partnering with key global teams such as World Wide Marketing, Global Content and Corporate Communications.
- Provide continuous competitive research, leverage industry resources and market trends and liaise with internal stakeholders.
- Support global rollouts of online strategic initiatives.
- Support the user experience optimization of all existing online properties and Distributor tools, mobile, email, social media, and other new technology, using business analytics and partnering with other global and regional teams.
- Assist with UAT and usability testing
- Experience designing and building products and features on mobile and web
- Passion for people-centered design
- HTML/CSS knowledge including a familiarity of Frameworks, Grids, and Responsive Design for mobile
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong UI/UX Design skills and understanding
- A desire to stay current with web trends and standards
- Ability to support a project from concept to wire-frames to rapid prototyping in HTML
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, multitasking and presentation skills
- Ability to solve problems and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be able to analyze statistics and understand online funnel and conversion reports, in order to identify opportunities to improve user experience and conversion
- Highly motivated and organized
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX Design and strong knowledge of current web standards, technologies, and trends.
- 3+ years front-end development experience using HTML/CSS/JS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or related field
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
- Understanding of Git and Github
- Must be able to create a strong visual identity and document it accordingly to facilitate design guidelines to other offices around the world, while being sensitive about the differences between cultures and mental models.