Sr. User Experience Designer
Medullan, Inc., a Cambridge, MA based technology consulting firm with satellite offices in Trinidad, is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer for our headquarters location in Cambridge, MA. We are searching for talented and accomplished designers at both Senior and Junior levels for immediate hires in to this fast-growing remarkable organization.
The Senior User Experience Designer will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the design phase of various consulting engagements for Fortune 1000 companies in the Healthcare Industry, most often in their early-stage new strategic initiatives. This includes participation in discovery workshops, design research, early-stage ideation, iterative interaction design and information architecture design, visual design, leading design presentations, and everything in between. It also occasionally includes implementation of interactive design prototypes, and hand-off of code and knowledge to implementation teams. He or she will report directly to the Chief Creative Officer. This is an opportunity to demonstrate and grow your skills on the web and on mobile and tablet apps, and to make a name for yourself in this rapidly-progressing industry.
• Design Strategy and Communication Tools (Everything from index cards to UML diagrams)
• Design and Production Tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks or equivalent)
• Some experience with RIA Frameworks (JQuery, GWT, ExtJS, Sencha Touch)
• Interactive Presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint, Screencasting software)
• 5 – 10 years of User Experience Design experience (wireframes, graphics, and icons)
• A portfolio of design examples
• A successful track record with clients, with at least 1 referenceable example
• Exceptional communication, relationship, and presentation skills. Mastery of concise writing
• Awareness of trends in the industry, data visualization techniques, and the latest mobile devices and their design considerations
• Creative thinker with problem solving skills. You dream big, but you have a “get it done” mentality
• Experience working with Agile Development teams a plus
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage project scope, and handle conflicting priorities
• Ability to travel for day meetings within New England, and internationally to satellite offices up to 10% of the time
A comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Qualified candidates may email their resume, cover letter, and design + writing samples to .