Sr. UX Designer
Zappos.com, Powered by Service, is one of the fastest-growing online retailers, and we’re looking for a talented Senior User Experience Designer to join our weird (but oh so fun!) and hardworking team.
Part of a team of UX Designers, Usability Researchers, IA’s, and Analytics ninjas, you’ll be involved in all phases of the development process, including running brainstorming sessions to elicit business requirements, gathering research data, creating wireframes, producing finished screens, writing UX specs, and building prototypes.
As an experienced, slightly nutty, and passionate UX designer, you:
• Turn ideas into solid UX deliverables. Whether the concepts come to you as a detailed, 40-page doc or scribbled on a napkin, you know how to turn them into exceptional experiences.
• Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely. Collaboration is key to innovation, but design-by-committee run amok can be death. You know how to strike the balance.
• Shift gears like a Daytona 500 winner. Part of an innovative culture means rapidly shifting priorities. You live for the challenge of it.
• Know “best practices” can be a dirty term. You understand usability rules inside and out, and when it’s appropriate to break them. You’re interested in blazing trails and establishing practices that make sense for the truly unique environment at Zappos.
• Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources of input (you speak “geek” and “marketing-ese” fluently).
• Forget where the mall is, you’re so into online shopping and e-commerce.
• Believe Jared Spool would easily win a UX celebrity grudge-match with Jakob Nielsen- figuratively, of course! We don’t advocate violence of any kind, but wouldn’t it make an interesting session at the IA Summit?
The important technical stuff you have:• A strong body of work that demonstrates advanced skills in e-commerce user experience design, including examples of the processes and research methods that informed your designs.
• Proven experience working on e-commerce sites, preferably large-scale, dynamically driven ones.
• Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements/specifications.
• Experience mentoring other passionate UX’ers.
• Experience developing UI and interaction pattern libraries is a huge plus.
• Advanced experience creating high fidelity interactive prototypes is such big a plus that it makes us get all twitchy with excitement.
If you want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of an established business, Zappos.com may be the place for you!
Zappos.com, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
How to apply
Check out Jobs.Zappos.com (and Blogs.Zappos.com- to know what you'd be getting yourself into)!