Sr. UX Designer - CALL OF DUTY
Delivering unprecedented social, mobile and gaming online services with the record breaking Call of Duty® franchise through Call of Duty ELITE, Beachhead Studio is seeking industry-leading talent to join its growing locations in Santa Monica and Foster City.
Enhancing the Call of Duty experience for over seven million registered users and more than one million premium subscribers, Call of Duty ELITE promises to transform the future of gaming communities worldwide.
Call of Duty ELITE is at the forefront of interactive entertainment, offering a web service for worldwide fans playing Call of Duty each day. Players can access Call of Duty ELITE via console, web and mobile to see thousands of gameplay stats, review matches, connect with friends, compete in year-round contests and events, and improve play with tutorials and gameplay insights. For additional information, visit http://www.beachheadstudio.com and http://www.callofduty.com/elite.
The Senior UX Designer will own certain features on ELITE and become the go-to person for those features, so concepting, specking, writing and scheduling play a big part. This person will also collaborate closely with the visual designers and front-end developers to design and implement new features while updating and refreshing current ones. The Senior UX Designer is also responsible for ensuring quality and providing mentorship to other team members.
- Gather business, interface, and data structure requirements for interactive Web, Mobile, Tablet, and Console applications.
- Work within the house Design and User Experience team to define interactive experiences.
- Collaborate and work with mixed teams (IA, Visual Design, Front-End Development, Vendors) to deliver web site enhancements on time and to spec.
- Prepare paper prototypes and click-through demos of key application interface functionality.
- Produce design artifacts for project deliverables, such as annotated mock-ups, wireframes, user interface elements and interaction workflows.
- Incorporate site analytics and customer feedback and apply them intelligently into iterative design solutions.
- Bring projects from concept to realization – doing everything possible to ensure their success.
- Expertise of accurately creating and managing task tickets on Jira or any other project management tool.
If you have some of these skills, apply today!
- 3+ years of professional web application design experience with an emphasis on interaction, and visual design.
- Experience across the entire product lifecycle (lived through multiple launches)
- Design background and Photoshop capabilities a plus.
- Solid understanding of the capabilities of Web browsers across multiple platforms, and the constraints involved in designing for online media
- Familiarity with Mobile and Console Applications a plus
- Voracious appetite for all things Web; if it is happening, you already know about it.
- Ability to communicate or prototype transitions and animations within the user interface.
- Have the adaptability and perseverance to produce multiple rounds of designs in pursuit of the most user-friendly solution.
- Expect to engage in an ongoing healthy debate about design vs. user experience.
- Passion for solving interactive problems and finding the easiest, simplest way for users to get from point A to Z.
- A skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
How to apply
To Apply: Submit your resume and portfolio link to http://activision.taleo.net/careersection/10020/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=82843.