Software Engineer - Web Developer
Our web developers are at the core of what makes Yelp the most fun and useful local business review guide. Whether it’s clean interfaces, scalable servlets, or testing frameworks, they kick ass at everything. They implement whole features independently, and they iterate fast: they release code everyday.
- Care about your users.
- Command of programming on a web server: Python, Ruby, Java, C++, etc.
- Test-driven development.
- Excitement about the challenges of internationalization.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts.
- Love of Python.
- Battle-worn MySQL knowledge.
- Firebug is your best friend.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Mobile web development experience (XHTML).
- Proficiency with Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.
- Pointers to websites you’ve built.
Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don’t forget to mention any technical side projects, open source contributions, and personal websites/blogs.