Software Engineer - Front End
Animoto is looking for a junior/intermediate level front end engineer who is comfortable working across a range of web technologies and has strong production skills. Candidates should have a passion for the web and a desire to become a front end ninja.
Our platform enables automatic video creation using images and music, combined with a patent-pending AI developed to think like an actual film director. This allows us to produce videos which have the emotional impact of a movie trailer and the visual energy of a music video.
We are already cash flow positive, recently raised $25 million in funding, have been featured in various publications – from the NY Times to TechCrunch, and have won a few awards. Now we are looking for talent to help take us to the next level.
- Translating design concepts from wireframes and Photoshop/Illustrator mockups.
- Create and update HTML email templates.
- Perform A/B tests and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, product managers and marketing managers as part of the development process.
- Have a lot of fun.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a related role.
- Strong skills in developing with HTML and CSS, with an understanding of Web standards.
- Experience working on user-facing web based applications.
- Experience with a server-side web framework (Rails a plus).
- Ability to follow coding and layout standards established by the engineering team.
- Experience with interface engineering and usability best practices.
- A burning passion for the web and the desire and ability to learn new skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Fireworks or Illustrator in a web production environment.
- Experience with HTML email.
- Experience with social platform integration, plug-in implementation, component theming/skinning.
- Familiarity with website analytics and optimization tools, including A/B or Multivariate testing.
- Familiarity with SEO/SEM.
- An analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, to take initiative, and to solve problems creatively and positively.
Benefits: PPO Health Insurance Plan 100% paid for employee and dependents, participation in employee stock option plan
Please, NO recruiters or staffing agencies or consultants.
You must be legally authorized to work in the US. And we will not sponsor H1B visas.
How to apply
Send your resume to