Software Engineer (D3.js, MV*, Node.js)
Metamarkets is looking for a strong web application developer to help define our revolutionary data exploration product.
If you are interested in writing secure and responsive applications in an environment that values continuous delivery, highly maintainable code, and YAGNI, you found the right place. You will join a true engineering-focused company (heck, we even built our own database) and work alongside great engineers such as a core contributor to D3.js and co-creator of Protovis. If you live abroad, this position can work remotely from home on a distributed team, with travel to San Francisco a few times a year.
Metamarkets is an industry-leading SaaS startup providing real-time analytics derived from complex querying of massive amounts of data. Our platform is turning 10s of billions of events and 10s of TB’s of data per day into accessible visualization as they are received.
What you’ll be doing
- Play a key role in our client-side or service layer architecture design
- Play a key role in our availability and reliability design to meet our SLAs
- Work on our data visualization application using D3.js, DVL, Facet, and Node.js
- Work on our SOA middle-tier and track engineering and product metrics
- Write tests in Mocha, Chai, Supertest, and CasperJS
- Proven strong web app developer. Send us links to your GitHub, SO, blog, or whatever!
- Proven ability to build well structured and highly maintainable web applications
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Expertise in client-side MV* and Node.js
- Expertise in dynamic languages such as Ruby or Python
- Proven capacity working in a continuous delivery environment and contributing to developer automation
- Understanding of XSS, CSRF, and other basics of web security
How to apply
Please apply directly on our website here: