A Lakeland-based software-as-a-service firm with clients across the country has an opening for a full time developer. You would be working on our core product, but having the opportunity to branch out on side projects, and your role would involve a high level of collaboration with the entire team. Our developer’s are responsible for overhauling and enhancing existing systems, bug fixes, and discussions with other team members to design and implement new features and systems that our customers will love.
We are a young, energetic company with a solid track record of growth. We have a relaxed, casual atmosphere and easy-going people. Initially, the successful candidate would need to work from our downtown Lakeland offices, but we are open to remote work once performance and skill has been established. We are attempting to grow in all directions and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to involve themselves in differing projects utilizing different technologies as we increase our offerings to our clients.
The desired traits:
- Development in a PHP/MySQL environment
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Aptitude for writing elegant code, abstracting for reuse in an object oriented fashion
- Passionate about what you do
We would like to see, but don’t require:
- Knowledge of API integration with presently relevant social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Knowledge of design patterns and enterprise application architecture
- Experience in currently relevant mobile development frameworks (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, WebOS) and/or the relevant languages (Objective C, Java, C#/VB.NET)