Arvato Systems North America is looking for a Software Architect/Team Lead to support the design process for eCommerce stores with a focus on reusability. This position will be involved in all phases of product development from review of functional specifications through assisting with the design and oversight of the development activities. This individual will work with the development team to manage the day-to-day activities and lead architecture decisions, participating in design and code review as well as implementation. The ideal candidate will also assist in maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology and uses his/her passion for technology as a means of seeking out and introducing new technologies.
This position is based in multiple locations including New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; and Chicago, IL.
arvato is seeking current and future talent who are energetic and curious about innovation and technology. We believe that our people and their expertise are our biggest resource and we aim to encourage and challenge you, both professionally and personally. We offer a variety of developmental opportunities including a chance to work with world-renowned brands as well as the ability to explore in domestic and international locations as we continue to spread across the world.
What we do is interesting, challenging, and can really move things – for both you and your career. We are looking for people who aspire to perform at a higher level both personally and while working together as a team. You will have many opportunities to take an active role and demonstrate your skills. We expect a high level of individual initiative, assertiveness, and the willingness to take on responsibility and to approach this in an enterprising way.
You must possess:
The ideal candidate must have solid technical, analytical, leadership and communication skills. You must have demonstrated success in the development and delivery of information technology solutions and be able to adapt with the changing needs of the business.
- Strong Java experience.
- 3 years of experience in ObjectOriented design and development.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a team lead or system architect, responsible for at least one large scale eCommerce architecture, ideally using an eCommerce framework such as Hybris, ATG or IBM Websphere.
- Familiar with common Java Application servers and deployments.
- Strong software engineering skills.
- Understanding of development methods (Agile, Extreme, Waterfall).
We would like you to possess:
- Knowledge of SQL/DB usage and performance and enchantments strongly desired.
- Additional language skills (Ruby, C#/.NET, Python, Flex or similar).
- Experience with Web Services (SOAP, Res, CXF, Axis, Optimization, Reliability, Governance) or other remoting frameworks.
- Knowledge of ORM frameworks a plus.
- Experience in integration of payment solutions, handling of large product catalogues and high volume transactional systems and global ECommerce or other order processing systems.
About our company:
A globally active IT service provider with over 30 years of experience and we have accumulated an extraordinary level of IT expertise across industries, technologies and countries. arvato has a unique experience in implementing, managing and enhancing eCommerce technology, having played an important role in this space since the emergence of the internet.
Well-recognized brands such as Proctor and Gamble, Reebok, Adidas, Benefit, L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Dior, TaylorMade, AshworthGolf, and many more trust in our services and expertise. We always have one goal in mind: the development of first-class, future-proof solutions for our clients. Thanks to globally networked offices in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, we offer customers complete support, regardless of where they are located.