Social Media Manager
Landmark Group (LMG) is the largest retailer in the Middle East with over 1000 stores and $3.8 billion in revenue. The group has interests in fashion, home retail and hospitality and manages 24 customer facing brands.
We are in the fashion and hospitality space, continuous engagement with audience is a must for our brands for good top of mind recall. Social media hence has a big role to play.
Till today, the people handling the conventional marketing channels also handle social media marketing. This does not work because they do not have the right skills for it and also because social media is just one thing on their portfolio.
We slowly want to build a team of social media experts to handle this, a team which will have specific experience in this and will handle the social face of all our brands. You will probably be the first member of this team and will start working on 4 to 5 of our brands which already have a social presence (Citymax Hotels, Splash, Home CenterÖ). To start with, you will need to work closely with the marketing teams of these businesses and mention the smallest to the biggest initiatives on social media. As we progress, we would want you to participate in the process of defining some exclusive social media initiatives for these brands.
The bottom line is that you have to ensure that the users have enough legitimate reasons to follow our brands on social media. Thereafter, our goal will be to build a solid following for our brands in social media.
- Keep in touch with the marketing teams to identify opportunities that can lead to social media mentions.
- Conduct research on the trends on how other brands are using social media and bring these ideas to our campaigns
- Think about specific social media promotions (example: contests, polls etc.) and make these a reality.
- Maintain a healthy (not very high, not very low) rate of posts on all channels.
- Build relationships with top bloggers, social influencers and local community groups. Use incentives like gift, party/event invites and discount coupons for the same.
- Regular monitoring & proactive reporting on the metrics and impact (example: online conversations, tonal sentiment, viral impact, search visibility, views, reach, registrations etc.).
Who should apply?
- Experience in working in social media or community management roles.
- Genuine passion for social media & that should reflect with your own Twitter feed, FB page or blog.
- Creative & proactive communication skills to generate new ideas & make them a reality quickly.
- Some education or formative experience as a content writer would be a plus.
- Should have a strong understanding of the realities of the web.
- Should have basic understanding of HTML & modern technologies like SEO, SMO, social bookmarking, mobile, location based marketing etc.