Senior Web UX Designer for Kabam
Kabam is growing and we’re growing quickly.
With offices in the Bay Area and internationally, we are growing at an exponential rate and this is just the beginning. We’re building games that are changing how social games are played and the success of our games has established us as a definitive leader in the strategic massively multi-player social gaming space.
Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and create and own the outcome of your contributions – contributions that impact millions of gamers daily.
Think you have what it takes to make real games? We want to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be part of a growing team creating engaging web site experiences for our massively multiplayer social games.
- Work with product managers to develop user flows and information architecture for our company and game sites.
- Design easy to use and intuitive solutions for complex UX problems.
- Understand the impact product changes and new features have on the big picture and adjust UX accordingly.
- Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences within product requirements and deadlines.
- Create wireframes, workflow diagrams, mockups and design specifications required for proper implementation.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of practical UX/UI design experience creating consumer facing web sites. Skills and job experience are more important than education.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating your UX skills with examples of process used on projects (please specify work done individually or with a team).
- A passion for UX and keeping current with recent usability trends and best of practices.
- Experience working with Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio or other UX wireframing tools.
- Hands on familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- You must be comfortable with a motion driven process. UX design is highly iterative and includes multiple rounds of brainstorming and revisions to find the perfect solution
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to present and explain UX ideas and concepts effectively whether verbally, written or through visuals.
- Open minded and collaborative approach to UX with the ability to take direction and constructive feedback and use it to create easy to use solutions.
- Ability to produce in a fast paced environment with a dedication to iterate in pursuit of the best UX solutions.
- Self-motivated worker with ability to prioritize and manage work load to meet critical project deadlines.
- A desire to grow your skill sets and broaden your experience.
- A terrific sense of humor.
- Must be available to work on site at our offices in Redwood City, CA.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop CS4/CS5 with an emphasis on page-layout design.
- A background in the consumer entertainment sector is a big plus.
- An interest in gaming is desirable but not absolutely necessary.
Click here to apply.
How to apply
Click here to apply.