Senior Web Designer
If you are passionate about the web design industry, have strong opinions about good and poor design and standards, are totally confident and believe in the integrity of your work, and would like to get your teeth into a creative role – we want to hear from you!
When you join our team you will be working with some great clients, from big established names to smaller startups with some fresh ideas.
You will have full control over your output, from the design stage right though to the front end development (HTML/CSS/JS), while also working with strong team members.
If you are the website designer we are looking for, you will be 100% committed to a successful career with Base Creative, have a great looking portfolio and be ready to put your flare and creativity into action from day one.
• Creative – In charge of creative direction for every web design project
• Projects – Works with client and project manager to produce the required work
• Company Direction – liaise with other team members on the way forward for a particular project and meet with managing director to discuss past / future work monthly
• Quality Control (design) – design is right/accurate/appropriate
• Photoshoots – direct with relevant supplier
• Team – work with, lead and inspire a strong freelance team to get the best from those who work with you
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (3+), particularly Photoshop for website design
• Excellent portfolio of websites including static websites and dynamic websites, corporate branding and integrated marketing campaigns (and some Flash experience).
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent image editing and artworking experience
• Strong aspiration to continue producing excellent and creative work
• Ability to produce a broad spectrum of design work from funky & creative to corporate & clean
• An understanding of PHP and working with server side technology (for theming)
• Content and SEO strategies
• Clear understanding of user experience and usability
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
Desirable Skills & Requirements:
• Knowledge of working with Subversion
• Good PHP experience
• PC based
• Good Actionscript knowledge
• Creating templates for Wordpress (you’ll be using our own CMS, but at times Wordpress will be chosen)
• Able to show leadership skills
Very competitive salary with excellent bonus and benefits.
Please – no agency or third party enquiries/calls in response to this job posting. Candidates only.
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV, a link to your portfolio and why you'd be perfect to the role, to Iain Scott: