Senior Web Designer - Job 6533
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm specializing in all aspects of education and other social policy issues. AIR’s software engineering and product development group (Computer and Statistical Sciences Center or CSSC) supports the Assessment program through software design and development and applied statistics specific to educational assessment. The staff comprises more than sixty software engineers, programmers, project managers, graphic designers, technical writers, testers, and system analysts. We are currently seeking a Senior Web Designer to join our growing and dynamic team.
CSSC’s main services include, but are not limited to:
• Building and maintaining systems around pre-production, processing, analysis, online testing, and electronic reporting of assessments
• Conducting analyses and generating data for assessment reports
• Performing research and development towards innovative functions of assessment systems
• Supporting systems around hosting, code and data deployments, system back-ups, etc.
The Senior Web Designer will:
• Lead user design of web-based reporting and learning management systems in mockups, prototyping, implementation and deployment
• Develop wireframes, screen-flow diagrams and UI spec documentation
• Consider scalability, configurability, and ease of maintenance in all solutions
• Define and demonstrate best-in-class web solutions for the Design Team
• Closely coordinate with Software architects and engineers in system design and implementation
• Effectively communicate project status to senior management on a regular basis
• Bachelors and/or Masters in Information Systems, Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field.
• 6 plus years experience designing and implementing user interfaces
• Extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Proven experience developing innovative and creative solutions to complex problems
• Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and use of interactive technologies
• Strong understanding of browser-related user interfaces and operating systems across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms
• Familiarity with the following technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft .Net, Visual Studio, Version Control software
• Additional Qualifications which are a plus:
o Masters in Fine Arts
o Knowledge of Flash
o Experience on mobile products and platforms
ALL APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND PORTFOLIO (The portfolio must be viewable online and have sample HTML and CSS. In collaborative work, please be specific about your role.)
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking, tuition assistance, and more. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com and conduct a job title search. EOE.