Senior Web Application Developer
The job is a full-time position based in Tanzania open to applicants both locally and abroad.
A knowledge of the shifting digital media landscape and of the Tanzanian context would be beneficial.
Applications range from Web apps, Social apps, Native and frameworks mobile apps.
AIM Group is a New Media and Marketing Agency based in Tanzania. Our schizophrenic personality partly focuses on leading and executing the Digital Strategy for large brands as well as developing disruptive approaches (using digital technology) in marketing, media, consumerism, development and anything that seems fun.
We were the first and are the largest New Media Agency in Tanzania representing a number of clients. We are a young dynamic team that thrives under pressure and are looking for candidates who are quirky, exceptionally talented, work like dogs and fun to be around.
- Expertise/Knowledge of PHP 3-5
- High level of expertise in Java script (proficiency in Apache Wicket is a plus)
- Experience in mobile app development for multiple platforms (both native and frameworks)
- Ability to work with multiple API’s
- Knowledge of server side development and database optimization
- App development should be UX focused and be driven by the same
- Ability to work with multiple technologies
- Ability to work with Jquery and Moo tools
- Expertise in both classical and object oriented programming
- Experience leading/managing teams
- Rooted in research and willing to share knowledge
- Ability to follow development standards and write technical/functional documentation
- Has an interest in product development and willing to engage with personal projects professionally
- Worked with a digital agency or related field is a plus
- Worked in Africa a plus
All eligible candidates must have a passion for their work, design, interactivity and the social web.
Must read books (the paper ones not those new fangled e things)
Have a sense of humour
Be a little weird
How to apply