Senior Visual Designer
Do you believe the user experience is improved by bringing simplicity, clarity and personality to software? Have you ever referred to a mobile app as elegant or believed its design demonstrated true craftsmanship? Are you constantly looking at best-in-class mobile design? Do you integrate the newest trends into your visions but rely on the fundamentals to create stunning end products?
There is a common misconception that visual designers are brought in at the end of product development to make things beautiful. But at Mutual Mobile, we’re unwilling to throw a shiny coat of paint over our products right before it ships. Our visual design process starts at the beginning of a project at a strategic level and is involved throughout the entire process.
We believe real design is about how it works, not just how it looks. We seek designers who understand Lean principles and can create jaw-dropping visual designs in an agile environment.
You’ll keep busying by:
- Nailing down the crux of a client’s business problem and whiteboarding solutions
- Hashing it out with the product owner and teammates to define a product’s vision
- Bringing a client’s brand & style guide into the mobile spectrum or starting from scratch on the visual design for new products
- Knowing the difference between 200 and 201ppi. Pixel perfection is a big deal
- Knocking elbows with your cross-functional team to iterate on a project, making constant improvements even after it’s launched
- Presenting work to internal and external stakeholders
- Sketching with interaction designers to determine layout, flow and balance
- Working with Production Artists to make sure assets are integrated quickly
- Obsessing over mobile practices and debating the best new experiences with co-workers over lunch
If you’ve got the following we want you:
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual thinking
- Enough technical experience to comfortably express and react to the technical and user interface limits of mobile and touch interfaces
- Expert level knowledge of relevant industry tools
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to present your work and rationale to the team.
- Skill to work autonomously under tight deadlines
Not required, but awesome:
- Experience working in mobile
- Experience working with a Lean UX process in an agile environment
- Interaction Design skills (wireframing, prototyping, research)
Applicants must provide a portfolio (examples of mobile work is a plus, but not mandatory).
Why work for Mutual Mobile?
We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as Audi, Cisco, Jaguar Land Rover and Google come to us for our deep experience in mobile—from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in creative, engineering, and business to deliver solutions that actually matter.
How to apply
To apply, visit: http://careers.mutualmobile.com/ui