Senior User Experience Designer
Visual Logic Group has an immediate need for a Senior UX (User Experience) Designer. UX consulting is core to our business, so we’re looking for someone with proven consulting abilities to create simple, innovative, and elegant design solutions that help solve real customer problems.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work closely with UX principals, UX researchers, customer teams and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs, and validate proposed designs with real customers. You will drive the UX direction of end-to-end customer solutions and find opportunities for further research and improvement. You will also work with mid-level designers to implement standards and best practices across the UX solutions team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about UX and user-centered design, and is eager to learn new methods and technologies. You also have a reputation as a great collaborator and facilitator, have experience relating to others from different disciplines and backgrounds, and can incorporate insights from many different perspectives into your work.
• Work with UX principals, customer teams, user experience researchers and others in the business to gain deep understanding of customer needs and business goals, and collect valuable feedback and insight in order to drive product direction.
• Document the user experience through user flows, mental models, scenarios, storyboards, and mockups or prototypes.
• Mentor and lead mid-level designers, establishing process and design standards and best practices for the team.
• Act as an experience evangelist, advocating for end-users and representing their needs and perspectives to the extended team.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, team members and customers in a user-centered design process to design features, write user stories, partner with UX researchers to validate designs, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation of your design.
• 4+ years as a user experience, interaction, and/or visual designer, with proven experience designing for customer-facing web, touch-screen or mobile applications.
• A strong passion for learning and a desire to help others.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of highly collaborative consulting teams: able to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and able to both offer and accept feedback openly.
• Outstanding oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to different audiences.
• Must be organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
• Expertise in designing for mobile experiences.
• Agricultural experience and/or experience with military systems.