Senior UX / UI Designer
Hach Company, a World Leader in the Water Quality Analysis industry is seeking individual that thrives in a dynamic and collaborative UX design environment that supports global, cross-functional product teams. This person should be passionate about playing a key role in delivering cutting edge UX design solutions for water quality products.
• Deliver rapid design concepts & prototypes to support UX product design decisions throughout the development process
• Leverage user workflows to determine core interactions and features for mobile, desktop and embedded firmware solutions.
• Create and deliver existing and new design patterns for a consistent UX experience across products and solutions.
• Work with cross-functional Software Applications and Embedded Firmware Product teams.
• Collaborate with a centralized UX Design Team of user interface designers, content developers, visual designers and user researchers.
Education, Background and Skill Requirements
• Minimum of 7 years as a key designer for user interfaces with portfolio examples
• Bachelors Degree in related field, such as Human Factors Engineering, HCI, Information Architecture, Interactive Design, Cognitive Science or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years developing interactive prototypes in Axure
• Minimum of 3 years in a technical mentorship role for junior UX designers
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience designing for mobile applications. Responsive design is beneficial.
• Ability to communicate, demonstrate and prioritize the value of UX design decisions to key project stakeholders.
• Ability to explain and get buy-in on abstract design concepts and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
• Knowledgeable in a range of qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies and able to use related findings to drive improvements in product design
• Experience working in an Agile product development environment
• An understanding of the relationship between business requirements, engineering requirements and the user experience discipline
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in an international environment and virtual teams