Senior UX Designer
As a Senior User Experience Designer you will help set the direction of Elance-oDesk across a variety of products centered around the management of work relationships. User experience drives our product, and we need someone with the skills who can push the vision forward
- Design various web, mobile and desktop application interfaces
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, executives and other designers, from ideation to implementation
- Translate discussions into designs and layouts
- Generate detailed specs and prototypes of final designs that allow developers to build accurately
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices, including research and user testing
- Work closely with developers to deliver a polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
- Establish and evangelize design patterns, guidelines, best practices, and standards for the design organization
Experience & Skills Required
- 6-8 years experience in interaction design or product design
- Bachelors or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience required, Master’s preferred
- Experience designing interfaces across multiple platforms and operating systems including desktop, web, tablet and mobile.
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Axure, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Expert at documenting, prototyping and presenting detailed interaction design specifications
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Able to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Ability to communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Experience designing for enterprise or social products
- Experience designing and prototyping for in-house component libraries
- Comfortable with producing visual designs
- Please include a link to your online portfolio. Candidates without a portfolio will not be considered.
Work with a purpose
Working with us means getting in on the ground-floor of the world’s most exciting online workplaces. You’ll join a team truly passionate about reinventing the way we work, creating freedom and opportunity for clients and freelancers around the world in the process. In short, you’ll change lives—which will do wonders for your career and your karma.
You’ll also enjoy a bona fide work-life balance, with all the perks you would expect from a thriving tech company (think free lunches, sweet snacks, ping pong, and happy hours). This includes work-from-home Wednesdays, plus flexibility to move between offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, CA and Oslo, Norway. Along the way, you’ll draw a nice paycheck and work on meaty projects that change the world. Not bad, eh? So join us as we roll up our sleeves and create the future of work.