Senior UX Designer
lynda.com is looking for a collaborative, well-rounded, and detail-oriented Senior User Experience Designer to help define the user experience of our web products. Our members are our highest priority, and user experience is core to our business, so we’re looking for someone with a proven ability to create simple, innovative, and elegant design solutions that solve real customer problems.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work closely with product managers, UX researchers and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs, and validate proposed designs with real customers. You will drive the direction of the end-to-end experience of our website and find opportunities for further research and improvement. You will also work with more junior designers to implement standards and best practices across the User Experience team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about user experience and user-centered design, and is eager to learn new methods and technologies. You also have a reputation as a great collaborator and facilitator, have experience relating to others from different disciplines and backgrounds, and can incorporate insights from many different perspectives into your work.
- Work with our members, user experience researchers and others in the business to gain deep understanding of real world customer needs and business goals, and collect valuable feedback and insight in order to drive product direction.
- Document the user experience through user flows, scenarios, storyboards, and mockups or prototypes.
- Mentor and lead more junior designers, establishing process and design standards and best practices for the team.
- Act as an experience evangelist, advocating for our members and representing their needs and perspectives to the extended team.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, team members and customers in a user-centered design process to design features, write user stories, partner with UX researchers to validate designs, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation of your design.
Experience and qualifications:
- 4+ years as a user experience, interaction, and/or visual designer, with proven experience designing for consumer-facing web applications, e-Commerce sites or SaaS products.
- A strong passion for learning and a desire to help others.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team: able to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and able to both offer and accept feedback openly.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to different audiences.
- Must be organized, able to think beyond what is asked for, act independently, and juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Working experience with one or more UX design tools, such as Fireworks, Omnigraffle or Photoshop is required.
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups or prototypes based on an existing style guide is a major plus.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment is also a plus.
lynda.com offers a fantastic work environment, tremendous opportunity for advancement, and great benefits including:
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan including safe harbor, employer match and discretionary profit sharing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid group-term life insurance, with optional employee buy-up program
- Paid company holidays, vacation, sick, bereavement, and jury duty leave
- Flexible schedule
- Complimentary beverages, catered lunches, and healthy snacks
This is an onsite position at our offices near Santa Barbara, California, conveniently located within minutes of some of the best beaches in the world, and just an hour north of Los Angeles. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
lynda.com is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.