Senior UI/Visual Designer
We are looking for a Senior UI/Visual Designer to join our growing product and development team. You will work closely with experienced designers, developers and product managers to take the Glassdoor product to the next level.
- Work with the design, product, business and marketing teams on a variety of visual design projects that address user needs, product, business, brand, and marketing requirements.
- Participation and collaboration on concept development and design ideation.
- Creation of page layouts/UIs, color palettes, typography, iconography, final production assets, wireframes, system flows and prototypes, while monitoring design consistency across all projects.
- Work directly with the engineering and development teams to ensure designs are implemented to your design specifications.
- Communicate your design thinking in a way that works for all the parties involved (designers, engineers, product managers, etc.) through appropriately detailed specifications and reviews.
- Contribution to the overall evolution of the product design process.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible within the web/mobile/tablet environments to create better experiences for Glassdoor users.
Skills & Experience:
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, you can change direction quickly and you’re eager to learn new skills as the need arises.
- You well individually and in a collaborative environment; you include stakeholders in project discussions and successfully incorporate and address their feedback.
- Expert visual design skills: layout, hierarchy, typography, color theory, patterns, asset production, and attention to pixel-level details.
- Solid interaction design skills: experience creating wireframes, site/system flows, site architecture diagrams, prototypes, etc. for RIAs/software.
- The ability to quickly understand the constraints of a design problem and identify the tradeoffs; you can communicate those tradeoffs to fellow decision makers.
- You are a good all-rounder, informed by thoughtful consideration around the philosophical and practical considerations that make great design.
- B.A., B.S. or BFA degree in a design-related field.
- 6+ years experience as a key member of a design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of web/software product.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience leading large design efforts and coordinating with multi-disciplinary project team members.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Academic background in human factors/ergonomics, cognitive science, psychology or HCI
- Design experience in mobile, tablet or desktop software
- Experience creating or maintaining interface guidelines in a software development environment
- Experience creating print and brand/marketing materials